Allergy & Asthma by Dr S. Chidambaranathan B.H.M.S, M.D Homeopathy Doctor Madurai (Treatment avail for all people around the world)
Allergy symptoms are always resulting because of too much hypersensitiveness. Allergies can be due to any foreign material ? natural or artificial. Our immune system usually protects us from diseases by producing antibodies that fight against bacteria and disease. Immunoglobulin (IgE) antibody is responsible for this antibody reaction (i.e., immune response). In allergic patients, these antibodies will be found in blood high titer values for fighting against disease. Normally, antigen (otherwise called as immunogen ? it may be a part of bacteria / virus / fungus, i.e., cell parts / proteins or toxins) when get ingested or inhaled or injected or get contacted with surface of skin usually get attach to blood cells to form mast cells. These cells secrete histamine to cause allergic reactions (i.e., to trigger sneezing, coughing or feeling of itch / rashes). This sort of allergic reactions can crop up in any one in any of the time. All these allergic reactions are very uncomfortable and can also turn serious medical emergency endangering life by any time. when the skin is confronted with any foreign irritant
- Inflammation and swelling of airways (tracheo bronchial tree)
- Increased sensitivity of airways to allergens or irritants
- Narrowing / obstruction of airways (may be due to bronchospams or thick mucous coating / collections or foreign bodies)
- Asthma as a reactive lung disease, is usually caused by heightened reactions of sensitivity airways to allergens or triggers. Altogether, the muscles surrounding the airways get tightened to cause narrowing of airways and turbulance in breathing. Sometimes they cause obstruction of airway too. One such acute violent exacerbation of asthmatic is called as ?Status Asthmaticus?. This extreme condition need to be attended as a medical emergency, since it is often potentially life threatening due to repiratory or lung failure.
- The incidences of Allergic asthma may also be transient or persistent (seasonal or perennial) as like allergies. Transient wheeze will usually go off after a certain period of suffering. It can also go off permanently after clearing the lung complaints or after getting widening of airways with growth. Any how, frequency of occurences and precipitation factors may differ from person to person and may vary in same person in different times. It may be due to foods, drinks, polluted air, temperature variation, strenuous exercise, woolen clothes, perfumes, soaps, room sprays, etc. Asthma may be of different types according to their symptom presentation.
- Asthma without cough ? called also as classical asthma where broncho-spasm causes asthmatic symptoms
- Asthma with cough ? violent cough occurs due to heightened cough reflex (may have elevated eosinophils counts in blood)
- Allergic asthma ? tendency to have wheezing with recurrent cold, cough and sneeze with raised levels of eosinophils in blood
- Asthma with dermatitis (atopic dermatitis ? occurs commonly in children especially in face, bends of elbow, knee, etc) – asthma with raised IgE levels & skin lesions. Usually come with family history
- Just as cough – recurrent and irritant cough occurs with out spasmodic contraction or airway narrowing, i.e., not at all having any wheezing
- Childhood asthma
- Adult asthma