Dr S. Chidambaranathan B.H.M.S, M.D Homeopathy Doctor Madurai (Treatment avail for all people around the world)
Abscess is a mere collection of pus which is supposed to drain either inside or outside where the points are weak and easily prone for an outlet. Anal abscess mostly presents itself as a tender swelling in or around the anus with throbbing pain. Even though perianal abscesses are more common after piles, fissure and gland infection, ischiorectal abscess and submucous abscess can also be seen. Common bacterias which usually cause infections are staphy, E.coli, strepto and proteus. Sometimes abscess arises spontaneously without any cause. Mostly abscess opens externally and drains to cure. But sometimes it can lead to a tract of deep location to open in and out, giving rise to fistula. Either way i.e. natural drain or surgical drainage, if it lacks care in healing, the chances of fistula formations are there.
Anal fistula is mostly present with the following symptoms, when there is infection or strain or block.
Feeling of lump near the anus with stabbing/throbbing pain
- Pain will shut off immediately after letting out the pus
- Continuous or intermittent (on and off) leakage of foul pus/mucous/faecal matter from the fistula’s external opening, soiling the inner garments
- Discomfort and skin infections due to constant wetness caused by leaked fluids
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- If fistula gets blocked, again there will be abscess formation with the symptoms of swelling, fever, malaise and septicaemia.
- Take plenty of water and fruit juices to avoid constipation
- Follow hygienic measures in cleaning and caring
- Pass stool twice a day to avoid strain to rectum and anus
- Don’t strain while defecating. It is better to have semisolid stool for easy defecation
- Sitz bath – After passing stool, sit in a shallow bath tub filled with antiseptic lotions or warm salted water for 10 minutes, to make the condition hygienic
- Hot compress can help anal abscess by enhancing blood circulation for diluting the infective toxins over there and healing faster with supply of nutrients
- Follow regular bowel habits without any strain
- Follow hygeinic measures to keep anal area clean and dry
- Treat any infections or boils immediately
- Avoid nylon underwear and use cotton ones
Homeopathy can help avoid fistula formation, when anal abscess is properly treated with Homeopathic medicines. Treatment for fistula should be started at the earliest, to heal it before gets granulations in the tract so that it can heal completely without giving any residual gaps or chances of recurrences.