Alzheimer’s disease – Failing memory in old age by Dr S. Chidambaranathan B.H.M.S, M.D Homeopathy Doctor Madurai (Treatment avail for all people around the world)
- Initially, often miss pens, umbrellas, keys, street names, pathways, etc.
- Initially, will not accept their faults and burst out with violent activities with irritability. This attitude can cause many conflicts in their life and make them lose interest in it.
- Cannot recollect or remember the things he sees
- Stares blankly
- Difficulty in learning, understanding and reasoning (thinking and memory)
- Difficulty in making decision – confusion and disorientation
- Delusions and hallucinations
- Language and speech can be lost
- Out of normal behaviour and routine schedules – dressing sense and cleanliness can show the start-up of complaints
- Losing skills and needs constant and repeated reminders
- Repeating same words again and again or repeatedly asking same questions without proper understanding
- Difficulty in informing/controlling urine and stool
Surveillance of survival of elderly people seems to be very pathetic unless otherwise their children take care of them properly. Forcing them to do anything will not be a solution to the problem. Family members altogether need a lot of patience to understand and manage them. Immense love showered on them with sympathy can only extend their life.
- Tension and worries
- Being idle
- Overloading brain with too much work or schedules
- Exposure to metals especially aluminum (in utensils) and mercury (in dental fillings)
- Create interest and be attentive to all activities
- Every activity in routine manner (orderly) to avoid absent-mindedness or losing concentration
- Take plenty of vegetables and fruits
- Better use planners, alarms, calendars, etc., to remind of activities
- Physical as well as mental exercises (play outdoor and indoor games) to enrich brain
Generally, in spite of proper care in all aspects i.e.giving healthy diet, health drinks, supplements like antioxidants, the family will often note decline in memory. So, memory problems should not be managed just withsupplements, since the situation will often get worse with time.