Paresis is said to be a pre-paralytic condition or mild paralysis, where muscles seem to be veryweak, but work. One should be more cautious in this state and take treatment immediately with proper diagnosis, since paresis could progress to paralysis anytime.
- Localised paralysis – is restricted to the parts involved – for example – Bell’s palsy, facial palsy, vocal cord palsy, wrist drop, foot drop, paralysis of one hand, paralysis of one leg, etc.
- Generalised paralysis – Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Quadriplegia, etc.
- Hemiplegia – weakness and paralysis of one half of the body, i.e. one leg and one hand.
- Paraplegia – weakness and paralysis of lower half of the body i.e. both the legs. Here level of lesion will be in hip.
- Quadriplegia – weakness and paralysis of all the four limbs. Abdomen and chest muscles will also suffer. Here, lesion will be above thoracic vertebra, i.e. in the neck.
usually vary depending upon the place of suffering and intensity of the affection. Intensity of suffering and its persistence also varies depending upon the health status of the person, will power and treatment.
- Coma / loss of consciousness
- Loss of memory
- Loss of movement / functions of affected part(s)
- Numbness or altered sensations in affected part(s) in sensing pain, temperature, touch, pressure, etc.
- Loss of coordination of movement and joint sensations
- Difficulty in breathing (rarely due to paralysis of chest muscles)
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Difficulty in speech (in case of affection of left side brain especially Broca’s area)
- Bowel and bladder incontinence
- Routine blood tests and urine tests
- X-ray chest and skull (in AP view and lateral view)
- Spinal radiographs (plain and contrast)
- CT / MRI scan
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
In Homeopathy , if sufferers happen to take care of all the warning signs in the start-up itself, then the start on of paralysis can be halted and prevented. In all systems of medicines, early intervention and treatment always provide good prognosis and good recovery. In Homeopathy also, appropriate and early treatment provides miraculous regain of functions. Delay in treatment usually ends in muscular wasting which is difficult to revive later.