Dry Skin by Dr S. Chidambaranathan B.H.M.S, M.D Homeopathy Doctor Madurai (Treatment avail for all people around the world)
dryness of skin usually leads to scaling, itching, redness, cracks and infection. In course of time, skin will turn rough and ugly.
- Climatic variation – winter and windy seasons can trigger or aggravate dry skin. Also, extreme temperature variation (hot / cold) can cause dryness of skin.
- Irritants – soaps, shampoos, perfumes, facial make-ups, chlorinated water, diapers, woolen & tight clothing’s, etc.
- Drugs – diuretics (which increases urine output) and antihistamines (anti allergic)
- Diseases – Vitamin A & D deficiencies, liver disorders, kidney disorders, thyroid problems, diabetes, skin disorders (sun allergy, allergic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, seborrhoea, scleroderma) etc can cause dryness of skin. In addition, It can also be genetic where sebaceous glands are less or absent
- Take good amount of water and juice to hydrate our body / skin
- Take balanced diet (especially vitamin A & D rich foods – eggs, fish, nuts, rice, carrots, peas, beans, spinach, oranges, tomatoes, and other green vegetables)
- Keep cleanliness and maintain personal hygiene
- Care for skin with appropriate clothing’s with respect to environment and temperature
- Hot sun, hot places & hot water
- Concentrated soaps / shampoos or any irritants found to trigger dry skin
- Alcohol & Unnecessary medications
usually, treating any skin disorder is very tough, since it is the outermost part of the body and also often gets exposed to irritants or pollutants or frictions, which hinder the curative action of the drugs. Also, recurrence of complaints in skin disorders is common (no exception for dryness of skin too) as it is mostly suppressed due to improper (external) treatment. Just applying moisturizers / ointments will have effect / betterment for that day only. Also, it is like treating only the effects of internal disease(s) and not the disease itself, so with forethought it is of no value.
for new hope