Epistaxis/nose bleed can occur from either the front or back of the nose. Bleeding from the front is very common and easy to control. Bleeding from the back is somewhat dangerous and often difficult to control, since it will be more profuse. Also, bleeding from arteries is more difficult to control than bleeding from veins.
- Nasal problems – Polyps, adenoids, tumours, deviated nasal septum, sinusitis,
Medications – Continuous usage of blood thinners and pain killers and Aspirin
- Tc, Dc, Esr, Hb%
- Coagulation factors & serum prothrombin time
- Bleeding time and clotting time
- Urea and creatinine to rule out kidney cause
CT scan or MRI
- Picking the nose
- Blowing the nose vigorously
- Strong smelling irritants and sneezing
- Smoking and drinking
- Filters while traveling and working with chemicals
- Room humidifier when room is with dry air in winter or in cold places where room heater is used often.
- Nasal spray to moisten the nose when it feels dry and irritated
- Blood pressure with diet, salt restriction, exercise and medication
- Medication, especially blood thinners, pain killers and low dose Aspirin
- Nasal infection at the early stage itself
- Bleeding by compression or pinching firmly at the earliest
Continuous nose bleed and draining back may lead to high risk due to airway obstruction, blood loss, blood entry into the lungs, etc.
Safety management – Patient needs patience in these circumstances or else controlling the bleeding will be tough. Usually, bleeding will get arrested within 10-15 minutes.
Burning the bleeding spot may be sometimes like sealing the bursting point of the balloon rather than reducing the inflating blow. A chain of reactions may follow if we don’t treat it according to the cause. The probability of recurrence can’t be predicted by any doctor. Some women may have recurring/repeated nose bleeds with regular periodicity as menses. This type of bleeding is called vicarious menstruation. Also some person’s headache will be relieved by nose bleeding (congestive headache). These types of patients can be surely benefit from Homeopathy. Nose bleed can be either cured or managed according to the disease with Homeopathy.