Tormenting anxiety by Dr S. Chidambaranathan B.H.M.S, M.D Homeopathy Doctor Madurai (Treatment avail for all people around the world)
- Watching a thrilling movie (expecting the result of the climax)
- Involved in a game and expecting a better result
- Appearing for exam or interview or meeting higher officials or while getting results
- Getting repeated negative thoughts or fear of failure
- About to express love
- Waiting in an emergency situation
Incidences – Anxiety arises most commonly in the adolescent age, where everyone often faces turning points in their life. The risky age for development of anxiety is 16 to 27. Females seem to suffer more commonly than males. Common victims are widows, divorcees, the poor, smokers, drunkards, drug addicts, job seekers, one who lives aloof, one who loathes life, one who loves, one who has psychological conflicts, etc. When circumstances are conflicting all the way, anyone can get anxiety at any time, irrespective of sex.
When one become anxious, the adrenal gland secretes more adrenaline. As more adrenaline gets pumped into blood, pulse becomes rapid with pounding heartbeat. People will breathe fast, have palpitations and their muscles will get tightened to face the situation vigorously. Finally, the reaction ends with a feeling of exhaustion. Occasionally, anxiety may cause headache due to congestion of blood in the brain due to increased blood pumping with adrenaline. Anxiety can be treated easily. If not get treated, it remains a silent killer throughout life.
Causes – The most common cause or concern for development of anxiety is money, job, love and health. There are various causes for the development of anxiety. Sometimes, causes may remain unknown also. The common causes are:
Physiological/pathological – any life-threatening illness, especially heart disorders, thyroid problems, hypertension, diabetes, impotency.
- Restlessness of mind and body with sleeplessness
- Lack of concentration, confusion and forgetfulness
- Irritability and impulsiveness
- Tiredness or easy fatigability with body pain
- Tremors with a feeling of electric current in the body
- Feels constricted at the throat with difficulty to utter word clearly – blabbering
- Urge to urinate (with bedwetting) / pass stool (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Dry mouth and thirsty
- Empty feeling in stomach / feeling discomfort in upper abdomen
- Aversion to foods or drinks
- Chest pain and breathlessness
- Palpitations with sweating
- Development of depression / fear / mania after prolonged time
- Development of headache / hypertension (blood pressure)
- Impotency or loss of sexual passion
Anxiety remains as the base for most of the psychological disorders. Any other psychological disorder can build its symptoms over it to get its effects. As every human being is individualistic and has unique characters, sufferings also seem to differ from one person to another.
- Open minded and share your feelings and expectations with well-wishers or those who are concerned
- Busy with work or job to forget all sorts of thoughts
- With facts and not on your opinions or notions
- Active and do physical exercises regularly
- Fate and try to overcome it – Life begins with acceptance. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall.
- Feasibility and limit your expectations
- Support of well-wishers to overcome sinking feeling
- Consequences and work on it or correct yourself with creating will power to succeed
- Loneliness and thoughts
- Racing against time
- Circumstances which favour anxiety or depression
- Letting problems rankle inside you
- Negative thoughts (which may never happen)
- Anticipation about troubles
- Continuous mental work (have some relaxation with entertainment)
- Addictives – coffee, smoking, drinking and drugs
Many a time, the sufferer will not recognise the problem and even if he does, he neglects it or leaves it untreated. All complaints should be attended to and nipped in the bud itself to have complete cure or health. Also avoidance of circumstances or situations or objects which cause symptoms can temporarily alleviate the suffering, but it limits one’s day-to-day activities and future life establishment. The sooner one admits and proceeds to treatment the better.
One will be anxious and worried when one has any sufferings or diseases either physical or psychological. They continue to have them until they meet the doctor to get a consoling word i.e. “Nothing to worry and you will be alright soon”. “Cure rarely, comfort mostly, but console always” as Hippocrates quotes, every doctor, irrespective of the system, needs to calm the sufferer’s mind with his reassuring words, and cure their diseases with their knowledge and medicines. Reassurance is the first line of treatment in all psychological patients irrespective of any system of medicine.