Dr S. Chidambaranathan B.H.M.S, M.D Homeopathy Doctor Madurai (Treatment avail for all people around the world)
- In case of chronic infection, and if left untreated, the infection spreads inward into the cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, etc., causing congestion of the uterus or ovary or pelvis, leading to heavy menstrual flow in the forthcoming period.
- It acts as a precursor of pelvic inflammatory diseases, salphingo-oophoritis (infection of fallopian tube and ovaries) which mostly result in pelvic adhesions like peritoneal adhesions and fallopian tube adhesions which obstruct tubes and may cause infertility.
- White discharges in late fertile period or after menopause should always be analysed completely to rule out cervix cancer which is the second commonest site of cancer in females after breast cancer.
- Urinary tract, reproductive tract and the adjacent organs are often caught in the spread of infection simultaneously since the urethra, vagina and anus lie very close.
Physiological leucorrhoea – is an excessive discharge or secretions of a normal vagina. They are slimy in nature. They occur commonly in teenage girls due to hormonal imbalance during puberty, at the time of ovulation period of the menstrual cycle, before periods, etc. In case of adults, in addition to the ovulation time and before periods, it occurs also during early days of pregnancy and during sexual excitement. It is just like the mouth watering at the sight of delicious eatables. Here only the amount of secretion is increased and all the other nature of secretion is the same. Also, you cannot notice any leucocytes, pus cells, bacteria or blood. This type of leucorrhoea also occurs in newborn female babies for a week or two which is due to the oestrogen hormone in the blood of the baby which had entered through her mother’s placenta before delivery. If it is a male newborn, it has prominent nipples for some time due to the presence of the same oestrogen hormone.
- From FUNGUS – Candida albicans can easily flourish in moist circumstances and is commonly promoted by synthetic undergarments and poor hygienic condition.
- FROM PARASITES – protozoa – Trichomonas vaginalis causes the Trichomoniasis which spreads usually through sexual intercourse and moist clothes.
- FROM BACTERIA- Gardnerella vaginalis and chlamydia are the prime causes in bacterial infections. Also, it is frequently seen in venereal diseases like gonorrhoea, syphilis, and AIDS.
- Lower abdominal pain
- Painful sexual act
- Backache and pain in the leg, especially thigh and calf muscles
- Intense itching with odema of vagina
- Soreness and burning in the genital tract
- Burning urination and frequent urge to pass very little urine
- Irritability and lack of concentration in work due to consciousness of discharges
- Digestive disturbances like constipation or diarrhoea or vomiting
- General tiredness due to loss of vital fluids as discharges
- Stress and strain since it may affect the hormonal level and may increase secretions.
- Sharing towels and underwear
- Synthetic or nylon underwear which cause dampness of genital organs. Always wear cotton underwear to avoid moisture.
- Sexual intercourse during heavy discharges
- Sexual intercourse without condoms while under treatment
- Hygienic measures to keep genitals clean and wash underwear daily and make them sun dry.
- Nutritious diet, especially food rich in vitamins A, B, C, E, magnesium and zinc, to improve general health
- Plenty of water and juices to avoid urinary tract infection and its spread to the vagina or cervix.
- Antibiotic drugs For fungal
– Anti-fungal drugs and ointments For parasites
- Jellies to kill parasites and to alter the pH of vagina
Leucorrhoea is the excessive secretion of genital organs of the female. From the treatment’s point of view, it is better to make it normal than to stop it. If it is stopped completely, vaginal dryness may result which may cause pain during sexual activity. Also, if it is not treated properly, it may often recur and sometimes it can be infected and become persistent. Always take treatment for 2-3 cycles of periods to analyse it. So, do not stop treatment as soon as symptoms disappear and periods become normal. Avoid sexual intercourse during treatment in order to avoid damaging the healing tissues in case of infection.