SYMPTOMS – Most of the time, remains only as a cosmetic disfigurement without any other symptom. The appearance of a hemangioma depends on its site, occurrence, growth, involution nature, etc. They may undergo spontaneous regression or involution. Occasionally, it can cause symptoms according to the place and size.
Commonly, it Occurs congenitally or just after the birth
- Reddish or Bluish red in appearance
- Looks like bag of worms (or like spider) with enlarged / engorged blood vessels seen underneath the skin
- Has active blood supply and is Compressible (i.e., fades on pressure)
- Discomfort due to uneven surface
- Bleeding due to abrasions / Rupture due to injury
- Ulceration and infection
- Thrombus (clot) formation due to pooling of blood
- Life threatening with bleeding or other organ failures due to emboli formations
- Emotional distress due to cosmetic disfigurement which occurs in throat, lungs, eye, ear, etc may threaten sufferer & compel one to opt for surgical excision at the earliest.
Small s often get fade on its own and large s has more complications with interventions. So, in general, hemangiomas are often left untreated with “wait and watch” line of management. Anyhow, for cosmetic betterment, sometimes conservative treatment will be opted with injection of scelorising chemical agent to get the size reduced along with steroidal pills. Ligation of feeding vessels will also be attempted. The advancement of plastic surgery and laser seems to benefit many hemangiomas, i.e., with excision and skin grafting. Surgical interventions may be in need of compulsion in those cases of involving vital organs and also in those cases of recurrent bleeding and discomfort. Scar formation and keloid growth are few complications with surgical options.
Even though is not a serious disorder, it needs proper care to avoid development of complications. Even though pigmentation birthmarks (moles) cannot be treated, vascular birthmarks (s) can be treated well with homeopathic medicines. In homeopathy, is not considered as a pure surgical disease. Also, it won’t just rely on external treatment such as creams / ointments / injections, etc for management, since they all have very little or no value in treatment of . According to homeopathy, localized approach or treatment will usually suppress / mask the complaint for a time being and will fix the disease else where. Homeopathy can fade them with its effective internal medicines & constitutional approach.
OUR ACHIVEMENTS IN THE BIRTH MARKS TREATMENT
for new hope