Bedwetting reasons and cure by Dr S. Chidambaranathan B.H.M.S, M.D Homeopathy Doctor Madurai (Treatment avail for all people around the world)
Bedwetting is one of the commonest complaints everyone has faced in childhood at one time or the other. It is not a disease but a symptom. For infants and children below age 3, involuntary wetting is quite normal. The age at which the bladder gains control varies with every child. Normally, children stop urinating at night around 4 years in the case of girls and 5 years in the case of boys. The reason for this delay in control in boys is less understood. Bedwetting affects up to 50-55 per cent of 5- to 6-year-old children, 25-30 per cent of 7 to 8-year-old children, and 15-20 per cent of 9- to 12-year-old children, 1-2 per cent of teenagers and rarely adults.
Familial – Mostly bedwetting is found to run in families.
- Increased intake of fluid, which increases the urine output.
- Using diapers.
- Poor nutrition
- Bladder – Small bladder can also cause bedwetting, where the child cannot hold much urine. Other reasons related to bladder are cystitis, trauma and surgical intervention
- Brain and spinal column – Cerebral palsy
Urination in sleep is the one and only symptom. The other accompanying or associated symptoms are screaming, rolling in bed, grinding the teeth, urgency for urination, worm’s infestations, urinary tract infections, adenoids, nose block, bronchitis, sleep disorders, hyperactivity and constipation.
- Routine urine analysis – to rule out any kidney involvement.
- Check bowel habits – since fecal impaction, due to constipation may not allow bladder, to expand more for holding much urine. Also, rule out worms infestations.
- Consult E N T doctor to rule out and treat adenoids, tonsils and bronchitis.
- Ultra sound scan – to rule out urine retention, small bladder or any other pathology.
- Milk at bedtime.
- Excess water, two hours before sleep.
- Air-conditioned room.
- Using diapers for children after the age of 2, which may arrest or delay the habit development of using toilets.
- Urinating before going to bed.
- Regular bowel movement.
- Waking up at a regular time with alarm.
- Taking diets of greens and vegetables which are rich in vitamins, zinc and magnesium.
- Exercising the bladder, by holding and controlling while having urgency of urine with confidence or will power.
- Don’t be angry with children since they do not even know what they are doing.
- Avoid beating or punishing or scolding the children which may worsen the condition.
- Encourage the children with positive words and rewards to get out of this habit.
- Don’t reveal the complaint to any relatives or friends, or otherwise the children may feel guilty and ashamed or get teased by them.
- Make the children realize about difficulties of washing and bed making.Treatments for bedwetting – Bedwetting in children, below the age of 7 needs no treatment. Bedwetting tends to go away by itself. In Allopathy, treatment is mostly conservative and habit training. Children usually outgrow bedwetting as age advances, without any treatment. The start of treatment mostly depends on the age and attitude of the child, parent and doctor. If any organic cause has been found, treatment is mainly focused on it or otherwise on habit development. Habit formation can be enhanced with alarms (vibratory or buzzing or moisture alarms). If these things also go in vain, medicines are given to manage the situation.
Drugging the children is dangerous. Also controlling the urine production in the kidney and relaxing the bladder will not give a permanent solution and also it will have side-effects in future. Allopathy works against the disease. In the case of bedwetting, mostly no disease can be noticed or found. So the treatment with Allopathic drugs is questionable. But in Homeopathy, we treat the symptoms of patients rather than the disease or its effects. Homeopathy works by strengthening the child’s bladder and nervous mechanism for proper functioning. Homeopathy acts neurologically, helping the brain to gain control, so it can give better improvement and permanent solution. It gives neurological and psychological support to withstand urine for a normal period.