|A few illnesses have their own season. Winter is the season for flu. Every year during this season, millions of people suffer from flu. Also in winter, a major part of absentees of school or work may be victims of flu. Even though it can affect all age groups, children are common victims. As it is more contagious, one after another may fall sick at school/home.|
Influenza, commonly called flu, is a highly infectious viral infection of the respiratory tract. Many people often confuse flu with common cold – in simple terms, an intensified cold with fever can be called flu. It can cause mild to severe illness and sometimes even prove fatal.
Causes and contagiousness
Influenza can be caused by different types of influenza virus, i.e., A, B & C. The viruses can be further classified into different serotypes, based on their antibody response. Now the widespread pandemic swine flu (H1N1) is one among them. Even though influenza viruses can attack at any season, they are common and virulent in winter and spring.
The spread of infection is usually through aerosols created by coughing and sneezing. Further, it can also spread by shaking hands, kissing, sharing contaminated clothes/objects, touching polluted surfaces, etc. Influenza viruses can be inactivated by heat/sunlight/soaps/disinfectants. As the virus can be inactivated by soap, frequent hand washing is commonly advised to reduce the chances of infection.
Symptoms and Duration - of complaints usually differ from patient to patient. Symptoms usually start abruptly with fever overnight after infection. Intensified suffering period can persist up to 3-5 days. But weakness and residual cough can last up to 2 weeks. Common symptoms are
Complications – Complications occur mostly in untreated cases, allergic patients and smokers. Further, one should be aware that repeated infection can provide the base for sinusitis, nasal polyp, post-nasal drips, adenoids, tonsilitis, bronchitis (lower respiratory tract infection), primary complex, asthma, pneumonia, middle ear infection (CSOM), etc. To avoid complications, one need should go for treatment as early as possible.
Diagnosis and investigations - is very important to cut short the course and spread of the underlying disease. Usually, discharge/sputum gives a clue for diagnosis with quantity, consistency, colour, odour and thickness. One needs to rush for treatment in case of purulent or blood-stained sputum. Yellow or green discharge with odour indicates added bacterial infection. If cold and cough persists for more than a week, it is better to go for proper analysis and treatment with the following tests:
Ø Contact with infected sick persons
Ø Smoking and dust exposure
Ø Cold/frozen food items
Ø Watching TV
Ø Mental strain
Ø Alcohol, coffee, tea and soft drinks
Homeopathy is the finger-post on the cross-roads of healing which directs the way to safe and permanent cure. Homoeopathy has no side-effects. It comforts modern living. While taking anti-pyretic drugs, there won’t be a comfort feeling even after the fever subsides. But everyone can feel the well-being sensation while being treated by Homeopathy medicines even when there is fever as healing begins by the natural defence mechanism. In Homeopathy, the patient’s appetite and thirst improve first to energise the body for getting better, i.e. Homeopathy treats the patient in all ways.
In spite of a wide variety of viruses, to remain healthy, raised immune mechanism and good health are must. For that, Homeopathy can surely help; so if you suffer recurrently from flu or flu-like symptoms, it is better to get treated with Homeopathy. In Homeopathy, we treat patients (symptoms of the patients) and not the disease or viruses, i.e., Homeopathy deals more with patients than diseases. Homeopathy treats constitutionally and improves immunity. For remarkable improvement and overall immunity, if one happens to take Homeopathy treatment, recurrence and sufferings can be reduced drastically.
Homeopathic medicines commonly used in complaints of common cold are Aconite, Ars Alb, Ars iod, Anti-tart, Bacillinum, Belladonna, Bryonia, Calc carb, Corallium, Gelsemium, Hepar sulph, Kali bich, Kali-mur, Pulsatilla, Pyrogen, Rhus tox, Sabadilla, Senega, Silicea, Nat-sulph, Nux vom, etc. These medicines should be taken under the advice and diagnosis of a qualified Homeopath.
for new hope
Dr. S. Chidambaranathan, BHMS, MD (Homeo)
Laxmi Homeo Clinic
24 E. New Mahalipatti Road
Madurai, TN 625 001
Tel: +91-452-233-8833 | +91-984-319-1011 (Mob)
www.drcheena.com / www.drcheena.in
(Disclaimer - The contents of this column are for informational purpose only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional healthcare advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of healthcare professional for any health problem or medical condition.)
Flu care and preventions
Simple notes on Drcheena
Mode of taking Homeopathy Medicines
Under the diagnosis and advice of a qualified Homeopath, Homeopathy medicines will usually give comfort, calmness and hope to suffering mankind even in difficult cases, for some of which the modern medical world says nothing can be done. Homeopathic medicines can provide cure gently, promptly and permanently if they are taken properly. The medicine, its potency (power), its frequency (repetition), may vary according to the patient and the condition. Even with long time medications, Homeopathy medicines are completely safe and free from all sorts of side-effects and addiction. It can be safely used in infants, children, adolescents, adults, elderly people and even in pregnant women.
Wonders of Homeopathy
Homeopathy is gaining in acceptance the world over due to its nature of treatment. Homeopathy does wonders when applied scientifically. As Homeopathy works on certain principles, it never fails within its limitations. However, a Homeopath may fail in treating the patient when he cannot elicit the characteristic symptom of the patient to match with the drug symptoms for selecting similimum (apt drug in right dosage). Homeopathy usually believes in internal treatment rather than topical applications or external interventions (removal of the disease or its effects using surgery, acids, freezing, burning, banding, laser, radiation, cauterization, ointments, liniments, oils, etc.) since internal medicines can only throw/expel the disease. Internal Homeopathic medicines treat patient as a whole by supporting the body’s own process of healing (immune mechanism) without any side-effects.
Disclaimer: Laxmi Homeo Clinic is intending to make the people all over the world healthier through the power of information. Our health information and technologies can make a healthier tomorrow and better healthcare outcomes.
The contents of this column are for informational purpose only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional healthcare advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of healthcare professional for any health problem or medical condition.
Smarter way of handling cancer
Cancer seems to be a lot more prevalent now, due to a variety of unknown causes and known causes like use of plastics as food servers, fertilizer usage, microwave oven usage, etc. So, with all available advanced technologies, one needs to take care of their health by modifying life style / proper food habits / good body hydration / judicious use of medicinesand regular checkups. Sustained treatment is essential to combat / post pone recurrences in cancer. Likewise all the benign tumours need to be analyzed every year to make sure that it remains benign without growing in size or differentiating. What is Cancer? Any abnormal proliferation in cytology or numbers of the cells is considered to be a tumour or growth. There are two types of tumours, i.e. Benign and Malignant. Benign tumours are the growth which has more number of cells but has similar pattern of cytology of existing normal cells. In case of malignancy, i.e. cancer, the cells will go out of range in size, cytology and numbers in uncontrollable manner invading other tissues and spread to other parts (metastasis) endangering life. Tumours either benign or malignant can cause different set of symptoms in different set of people according to the location, involvement of structure and spreading nature.
More by Dr. Chidambaranathan
- Specialities of Homeopathy medicines
- urine facts and nature
- Kidney Stones treatment and remedies
- Urinary tract infection treatment and remedies
- Lipoma treatment and remedies
- how we Taste
- Taste disorder treatment and remedies
- Tongue and Taste
- Tongue disorders treatment and remedies
- Hoarseness of voice – Fractured voice
- Vocal Nodules Singer's Nodes treatment and cure
- Voice and speech facts
- Birthmarks treatment and remedies
- Burns treatment and remedies
- Corns treatment and remedies
- Cracked heels treatment and remedies
- Dry Skin treatment and remedies
- Allergic Skin disorders treatment and remedies
- Mind disorders guidance and way for elderly persons
- Eczema treatment and remedies
- HAEMANGIOMA – VASCULAR BIRTHMARK treatment and rem...
- Itch and itching treatment and remedies
- KELOID treatment and remedies
- Leucoderma Vitiligo treatment and remedies
- Prickly heat treatment and remedies
- Psoriasis treatment and remedies
- WARTS treatment and remedies
- Allergy Asthma treatment and remedies
- Wheezing Asthma treatment and remedies
- Cough treatment and remedies
- Sneezing treatment and remedies
- Breathing disorders and its treatment
- Alzheimer’s disease treatment and remedies
- CRYing reasons and its facts
- Cry – The Emotional Outburst
- Amnesia and dementia - Failing memory treatment an...
- Tips for sound Mental health
- Anxiety treatment and remedies
- Nose bleed Epistaxis treatment and remedies
- Bell’s palsy Facial paralysis treatment and remedies
- Brachial Neuralgia treatment and remedies
- Brain and its disorders
- Febrile Fits treatment and remedies
- Ganglion treatment and remedies
- Marvel Brain and its Dysfunctions
- Neurological Problems analysis and its cure
- Paresis and Paralysis treatment and remedies
- Sciatica leg pain treatment and remedies
- Seizure convulsions epilepsy treatment and remedies
- The nervous system and its dysfunction
- Tremor treatment and remedies
- Trigeminal Neuralgia / Pain in face treatment and ...
- In growing nail treatment and remedies
- Fungal infection of Nails treatment and remedies
- NAIL BED INFECTION – PARONYCHIA
- NAIL BED INFECTION – PARONYCHIA treatment and reme...
- Salivary calculus treatment and remedies
- Saliva and its functions
- Bad breath Halitosis treatment and remedies
- Drooling saliva treatment and remedies
- Dry mouth nature and its reasons
- Gingivitis treatment and remedies
- Mouth ulcers treatment and remedies (Stomatitis / ...
- Salivary calculus / Sailolith treatment and remedies
- Sensitive teeth treatment and remedies
- Impotency treatment,remedies and proven cure
- Prostate gland enlargement treatment and remedies
- Sperm and Spermatorrhoea treatment and remedies
- Chikungunya treatment and remedies
- Mumps Parotitis treatment and remedies
- What is Homeopathy
- MIGRAINE Headache treatment and remedies
- Sinusitis Headache treatment and remedies
- PCOD PCOS treatment and proven cure
- Painful Menses reasons and cure
- White Discharge reasons and cure
- Cataract treatment and remedies
- Dry Eyes treatment and remedies
- Tears nature
- Styes and chalazion treatment and remedies
- EYES Tears
- Tinnitus treatment and remedies
- Amoebiasis treatment and remedies
- Anal abscess and anal fistula treatment and remedies
- Anal complaints reasons, treatment and proven cure
- Appendicitis reasons, treatment and proven cure
- Constipation reasons treatment and proven cure
- Diarrhoea care and prevention
- Anal Fissure reasons treatment and proven cure
- Gallstones treatment and remedies
- Heartburn reasons and cure
- Hiatus Hernia treatment and remedies
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome treatment and remedies
- Peptic ulcer treatment and remedies
- Anal Piles reasons treatment and proven cure
- DIABETES nature and tips for best treatment
- Discolouration & coating of tongue reasons and cure
- Stammering Flicker of words reasons and cure
- Rheumatic Fever treatment and remedies
- ▼ December (115)
Visit Our Website
Hernia Everyone knows that an overstretched part will normally give way or tear or burst. For example an overblown balloon can b...
PARONYCHIA NAILS – NAIL BED INFECTION – PARONYCHIA Any pain or swelling or redness usually indicates infection and infl...
Discolouration & coating of tongue Tongue & Taste – Discolouration & coating of tongue Normally, one’s health ...