|Suicide is the intentional killing of oneself. Suicidal mania is one of the most severe medical conditions where one has the elevated mood to kill oneself with depression or delusions. One who wants to commit suicide usually thinks he/she is no way worthy and with depression always looks at the darker side of life. They weep, pray, think they are not fit for this world and plunge into the deep gloom and despair. To combat the world of thorns, they commonly choose suicide by going for an overdose of sedative/poisonous medicines/substances or pesticides. Sometimes, they may also choose violent options too, like falling from great heights, cutting or injuring themselves with knives or guns or resorting to hanging themselves. As said by the World Health Organization, more than one million people commit suicide every year. It is also one of the leading causes of death among teenagers and adults under the age of 35.|
Suicidal thoughts may occur for a number of reasons - most common causes or concerns are with development of anxiety related to money, job, love and health. For example, depression, grief after losing a loved one or affectionate person, sleep problems, emotional stress, anxiety, financial loss or difficulties, insecurity, shame, guilt, desperation, physical pain or any life-threatening illness, unable to fulfil the desire of one’s self or others’, rewind or repeat feeling of past worst incidents or other undesirable situations, etc. Sufferers are mostly deprived, widow, divorcee, lonely persons, etc.
For suicidal maniac persons, life seems a burden so they desire death. Every opportunity will be sought for self-destruction. Further, they
Counselling - is the first line of treatment in all psychological disorders – suicidal tendency is no way an exception. Medicines can control thoughts but anyhow psychological counselling is a must. Counselling differs in time and approach with each patient, according to their presentation and intensity of the complaint. Counselling also needs to play the right tune at the right time to comfort the sufferer or otherwise, negative impact will often follow. Counselling should be in such a way that it builds self-confidence, self-esteem and self-support.
On probing the mind, grabbing the secrecy, soothing the anxiety, quieting the mind, relaxing the tension, any doctor can cure anxiety disorders even without medicines. The doctor can study all facets of the sufferer and help him/her by offering insights to root out the suffering. Here, patient cooperation is more essential than any other. Further, it is the onus of bystanders to care for the sufferer since they are with the continuous feeling of intolerable existence and great temptation for suicide.
General treatment – Apt and timely treatment usually helps in safeguarding one’s life and to live peacefully. Since suicidal tendency is a very serious disorder, immediate attention and management with counselling and drugs is very essential (sometimes hospitalisation may be required). In general, unless situation or circumstances favour, psychiatric drugs may need to be continued for one’s lifetime where one may need to live with its side-effects too. But their usage in controlling one’s reaction with suppressing thoughts and saving life from suicide is remarkable.
Homeopathy revolutionised the medicine world by considering mental symptoms as the most important. Homeopathy treats the patient as a whole (on mental and physical plane altogether) with symptoms’ similarity. It always gives more importance to patient’s subjective feelings and sensations and for their betterment. Altogether, Homoeopathy can provide cure/better relief from all sorts of mental changes without any side-effects.
Further, with Homeopathy treatment, one can regain and retain normalcy even after quitting treatment. For getting complete cure, one should avail of treatment at the earliest or during the start-up of the complaint itself. The Homeopath usually probes the patient’s mind to find the mental make-up and constitution/temperament of a person to probe the core of the case. One must express one’s feelings precisely and clearly to the doctor without hiding.
Homeopathy can treat the sufferer exemplarily to face boldly the unexpected and to have and enjoy all the fantasies of the world.
Homeopathic medicines commonly used in suicidal tendency are Aconite, Arg nit, Arnica, Ars alb, Aurum met, Bryonia, Caladium, Cal carb, Cannabis indica, Capsicum, Clematis, Gelsemium, Helleborus, Hyoscyamus, Ignatia, Iodium, Kali brom, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Medorrhinum, Merc sol, Naja, Nat mur, Nux vom, Opium, Pulsatilla, Phosphorus, Sepia, Silicea, Staphysagria, Stramonium, Tarantula, etc. Bach’s flower remedies like Aspen, Mimulus, Red chestnut, Vervain, etc., can also provide amazing results for persistent thoughts. These medicines can facilitate one’s mind in a better way to cope with the situation. It is better to have these medicines under the advice and diagnosis of a Qualified Homeopath.
for new hope
Dr. S. Chidambaranathan, BHMS, MD (Homeo)
Laxmi Homeo Clinic
24 E. New Mahalipatti Road
Madurai, TN 625 001
Tel: +91-452-233-8833 | +91-984-319-1011 (Mob)
www.drcheena.com / www.drcheena.in
(Disclaimer - The contents of this column are for informational purpose only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional healthcare advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of healthcare professional for any health problem or medical condition.)
Suicidal mania reasons and cure
Simple notes on Drcheena
Mode of taking Homeopathy Medicines
Under the diagnosis and advice of a qualified Homeopath, Homeopathy medicines will usually give comfort, calmness and hope to suffering mankind even in difficult cases, for some of which the modern medical world says nothing can be done. Homeopathic medicines can provide cure gently, promptly and permanently if they are taken properly. The medicine, its potency (power), its frequency (repetition), may vary according to the patient and the condition. Even with long time medications, Homeopathy medicines are completely safe and free from all sorts of side-effects and addiction. It can be safely used in infants, children, adolescents, adults, elderly people and even in pregnant women.
Wonders of Homeopathy
Homeopathy is gaining in acceptance the world over due to its nature of treatment. Homeopathy does wonders when applied scientifically. As Homeopathy works on certain principles, it never fails within its limitations. However, a Homeopath may fail in treating the patient when he cannot elicit the characteristic symptom of the patient to match with the drug symptoms for selecting similimum (apt drug in right dosage). Homeopathy usually believes in internal treatment rather than topical applications or external interventions (removal of the disease or its effects using surgery, acids, freezing, burning, banding, laser, radiation, cauterization, ointments, liniments, oils, etc.) since internal medicines can only throw/expel the disease. Internal Homeopathic medicines treat patient as a whole by supporting the body’s own process of healing (immune mechanism) without any side-effects.
Disclaimer: Laxmi Homeo Clinic is intending to make the people all over the world healthier through the power of information. Our health information and technologies can make a healthier tomorrow and better healthcare outcomes.
The contents of this column are for informational purpose only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional healthcare advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of healthcare professional for any health problem or medical condition.
Smarter way of handling cancer
Cancer seems to be a lot more prevalent now, due to a variety of unknown causes and known causes like use of plastics as food servers, fertilizer usage, microwave oven usage, etc. So, with all available advanced technologies, one needs to take care of their health by modifying life style / proper food habits / good body hydration / judicious use of medicinesand regular checkups. Sustained treatment is essential to combat / post pone recurrences in cancer. Likewise all the benign tumours need to be analyzed every year to make sure that it remains benign without growing in size or differentiating. What is Cancer? Any abnormal proliferation in cytology or numbers of the cells is considered to be a tumour or growth. There are two types of tumours, i.e. Benign and Malignant. Benign tumours are the growth which has more number of cells but has similar pattern of cytology of existing normal cells. In case of malignancy, i.e. cancer, the cells will go out of range in size, cytology and numbers in uncontrollable manner invading other tissues and spread to other parts (metastasis) endangering life. Tumours either benign or malignant can cause different set of symptoms in different set of people according to the location, involvement of structure and spreading nature.
More by Dr. Chidambaranathan
- Specialities of Homeopathy medicines
- urine facts and nature
- Kidney Stones treatment and remedies
- Urinary tract infection treatment and remedies
- Lipoma treatment and remedies
- how we Taste
- Taste disorder treatment and remedies
- Tongue and Taste
- Tongue disorders treatment and remedies
- Hoarseness of voice – Fractured voice
- Vocal Nodules Singer's Nodes treatment and cure
- Voice and speech facts
- Birthmarks treatment and remedies
- Burns treatment and remedies
- Corns treatment and remedies
- Cracked heels treatment and remedies
- Dry Skin treatment and remedies
- Allergic Skin disorders treatment and remedies
- Mind disorders guidance and way for elderly persons
- Eczema treatment and remedies
- HAEMANGIOMA – VASCULAR BIRTHMARK treatment and rem...
- Itch and itching treatment and remedies
- KELOID treatment and remedies
- Leucoderma Vitiligo treatment and remedies
- Prickly heat treatment and remedies
- Psoriasis treatment and remedies
- WARTS treatment and remedies
- Allergy Asthma treatment and remedies
- Wheezing Asthma treatment and remedies
- Cough treatment and remedies
- Sneezing treatment and remedies
- Breathing disorders and its treatment
- Alzheimer’s disease treatment and remedies
- CRYing reasons and its facts
- Cry – The Emotional Outburst
- Amnesia and dementia - Failing memory treatment an...
- Tips for sound Mental health
- Anxiety treatment and remedies
- Nose bleed Epistaxis treatment and remedies
- Bell’s palsy Facial paralysis treatment and remedies
- Brachial Neuralgia treatment and remedies
- Brain and its disorders
- Febrile Fits treatment and remedies
- Ganglion treatment and remedies
- Marvel Brain and its Dysfunctions
- Neurological Problems analysis and its cure
- Paresis and Paralysis treatment and remedies
- Sciatica leg pain treatment and remedies
- Seizure convulsions epilepsy treatment and remedies
- The nervous system and its dysfunction
- Tremor treatment and remedies
- Trigeminal Neuralgia / Pain in face treatment and ...
- In growing nail treatment and remedies
- Fungal infection of Nails treatment and remedies
- NAIL BED INFECTION – PARONYCHIA
- NAIL BED INFECTION – PARONYCHIA treatment and reme...
- Salivary calculus treatment and remedies
- Saliva and its functions
- Bad breath Halitosis treatment and remedies
- Drooling saliva treatment and remedies
- Dry mouth nature and its reasons
- Gingivitis treatment and remedies
- Mouth ulcers treatment and remedies (Stomatitis / ...
- Salivary calculus / Sailolith treatment and remedies
- Sensitive teeth treatment and remedies
- Impotency treatment,remedies and proven cure
- Prostate gland enlargement treatment and remedies
- Sperm and Spermatorrhoea treatment and remedies
- Chikungunya treatment and remedies
- Mumps Parotitis treatment and remedies
- What is Homeopathy
- MIGRAINE Headache treatment and remedies
- Sinusitis Headache treatment and remedies
- PCOD PCOS treatment and proven cure
- Painful Menses reasons and cure
- White Discharge reasons and cure
- Cataract treatment and remedies
- Dry Eyes treatment and remedies
- Tears nature
- Styes and chalazion treatment and remedies
- EYES Tears
- Tinnitus treatment and remedies
- Amoebiasis treatment and remedies
- Anal abscess and anal fistula treatment and remedies
- Anal complaints reasons, treatment and proven cure
- Appendicitis reasons, treatment and proven cure
- Constipation reasons treatment and proven cure
- Diarrhoea care and prevention
- Anal Fissure reasons treatment and proven cure
- Gallstones treatment and remedies
- Heartburn reasons and cure
- Hiatus Hernia treatment and remedies
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome treatment and remedies
- Peptic ulcer treatment and remedies
- Anal Piles reasons treatment and proven cure
- DIABETES nature and tips for best treatment
- Discolouration & coating of tongue reasons and cure
- Stammering Flicker of words reasons and cure
- Rheumatic Fever treatment and remedies
- ▼ December (115)
Visit Our Website
Hernia Everyone knows that an overstretched part will normally give way or tear or burst. For example an overblown balloon can b...
PARONYCHIA NAILS – NAIL BED INFECTION – PARONYCHIA Any pain or swelling or redness usually indicates infection and infl...
Discolouration & coating of tongue Tongue & Taste – Discolouration & coating of tongue Normally, one’s health ...